Product & Installation warranty Policy
1.0 Scope of Warranty
Root3 Lighting Ltd warrants that the
Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship upon
competition of our installations & the client will is deemed to accept this
by signed commissioning certificate at project completion.
1.1 If the Product fails within the warranty period, we will provide a free replacement of the failed Product subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
2.0 Terms and Conditions of warranty
2.1 If the Product as covered by this warranty is returned by a we determine to our satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty. We will, at our sole option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof.
2.2 If required by Root3 Lighting Ltd, the non-conforming or defective Product or part thereof shall become our property as soon as it has been replaced
2.3 Retro fit LED Lamps Fitted into Open Luminaries:
LED lamps are designed to be used in “open luminaries” and should have a minimum of 10mm air flow around the body of the lamp.
2.4 Retro fit LED Lamps Fitted into Enclosed Luminaries:
LED lamps are not designed to be used in completely enclosed luminaries
where air flow is prevented. The lamp life of LED lamps in such fittings will
be reduced and is unquantifiable and as such will fall outside of the terms of
2.5 This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorised by Root3 Lighting Ltd in writing, are made to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product has to be clearly readable.
2.6 The decision of Root3 Lighting Ltd as to the validity of any claim under this warranty shall be final.
3.0 Warranty Claims
3.1 Any claim under this warranty must be reported to Root3 Lighting Ltd within 30 days of discovery and any Product or part thereof returned promptly to Root3 Lighting Ltd at its request.
3.2 Any claim under this warranty must be made in writing and specify details of the failed Product, purchase date, installation date, description of problem, number and percentage of failures, date-code of failures, application, hours burned and switching cycles.
4.0 No implied or other warranties
4.1 This warranty and the rights and remedies contained within it shall be the only warranties given by Root3 Lighting Ltd in
relation to the Product and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of quality or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed.
4.2 No agent, distributor or dealer is authorised to change, modify or extend the terms of this warranty on behalf of Root3 Lighting Ltd
Duration of the Warranty
This warranty applies to all Root3 Lighting Ltd supplied products for 3 years as standard and 5 years on certain products as detailed in our proposals and data sheets from the date of installation.
5.1.1 Installation Warranty period – All products installed by us are warranted for a 1-year onsite cover, meaning we will re-visit your site within 12months from the invoice date and replace any product failures free of charge. This is subject to our inspection of any failed products once received at our offices & we reserve the right to charge the customer the cost of all labour, materials and access equipment etc should the failure not be caused by the product and therefore not covered by this warranty.
5.1.2 Product warranty period –
Luminaire products – 3 or 5 years depending on the product purchased, indicated on the issued lighting schedule at project completion.
Sensor products – Integrated & standalone sensors – 2 Years
All Emergency battery packs or units – 2 years
Should a Root3 Lighting Ltd product fail to function within the warranty period, Root3 Lighting Ltd will on its sole discretion provide a replacement free of charge or repair defective components in accordance with the terms set out below. Purchasers shall bear the cost of removal and return of any product subject to a warranty claim.
5.3 Replacement products shall as far as possible match the specification of the original but may have superior performance characteristics in line with ongoing product development.
5.4 All replacement products are dispatched on receipt of the failed product from the customer.
It is the customers cost to return the product to us and Root3 Lighting’s cost to return a replacement product to the customer.
- Excluded from this Warranty policy:Product damage due to abuse, unauthorised alteration or modification, accident, fire, flood, lightning, rodents, insects, negligence or acts of God.
- Product installation by unqualified persons.
- Product modification, disassembly or attempted repair by non Root3 Lighting Ltd staff
- Chemical contamination or damage from salt laden air.
- Damage from use of pressure washers or other mechanical cleaners
- Improper use of ’sanitizing products’ and maintenance using improper or unapproved chemical compounds/solvents
- Unauthorised use of parts or accessories not installed by Root3 Lighting Ltd.
- Acts of God, natural catastrophes including earthquake, lightning, hurricane, typhoon, flooding or volcanic activities or extreme weather conditions, strikes, lock-outs, war, terrorism, political situation, civil unrest, riots, sabotage, vandalism, industrywide shortages, breakdown of plant or machinery, fault or loss of electricity supply, cyber-attacks and hacking or non-performance by suppliers of Root3 Lighting Ltd or by other third parties on which services rely (including connectivity and communication services)
to use the Products for the purposes for which these have been designed;
Being subject to corrosive environments, excessive wear and tear, neglect, carelessness, accident, abuse, misuse, improper or abnormal use of the Products;
- Root3 Lighting Ltd accepts no liability for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage and Ripple Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by relevant supply standards (e.g. EN 50160 norms)
- Root3 Lighting Ltd does not provide any warranty related to any Defect arising from designs, instructions or specification supplied by Customer to Root3 Lighting Ltd
- If you transfer this product to another user such as a sale or lease of the property the, warranty service under these terms is not available to a third party.
- This warranty excludes consumable items such as lamps, fuses and batteries.
- This warranty is void if the fitting has not been installed and maintained in accordance with Root3 Lighting Ltd instructions and if the fittings has been subject to abnormal conditions of use, including installation in ambient temperatures above 25 °C, exposure to unsuitable environmental.
- We do not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of any product.
- 5.9.2 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event will Root3 Lighting Ltd be liable for any lost profits, lost opportunities or gains, lost savings, incidental damage or any other economic consequential or indirect damages.
- 5.9.3 Should a warranty claim be requested by the customer due to product not operating correctly, the company reserves the right to charge the customer all reasonable cost for labour, materials & hire equipment to attend to the customers property to rectify the fault should the failure of the products not be directly related to the product, for example over or under voltage, overheating, physical damage to the product, etc.