Root3 Lighting Ltd acknowledges that its activities generates waste material. Therefore, the Environmental Policy of the company is to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, that all operations will be carried out with a commitment to reducing waste, thereby protecting the environment. The same commitment is expected to be shown by contractors working for Root3.
Root3 Lighting seeks to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulation. It also aims to exceed the required standards of environmental performance including waste management where possible.
Root3 Lighting employees are required to carry out their duties with concern for the environment. It is a condition of employment that all staff comply with the Environmental Policy Statement.
In the event of an environmental accident or incident at work, it is a company requirement that the details are promptly and properly reported to the director who will investigate and take prompt action to rectify and avoid recurrence.
All contractors working on behalf of the company are required to adopt environmental standards fully consistent with those of the company and they are expected to achieve comparable levels of performance as a condition of their contract.
In accordance with its stated policy, the company has produced the following list of objectives as a sound framework for the introduction of practices to implement the company’s Environmental Policy:
- Compliance with The Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008 (where appropriate) and Local Government Regulations
- Swift response to accidents or incidents that have a potential to threaten the environment
- The provision of advice on the safe handling of company products, their transportation and their final disposal to customers, contractors, etc.
- The disposal of any waste products in ways that show concern for the environment using only registered carriers to dispose of waste, and to recycle wherever possible
- To encourage the development of products, processes and equipment with concern for the future of the environment
- To communicate freely on environmental matters with government officials, employees, customers and members of the public
- To provide training for all employees, as appropriate, to enable them to carry out their job functions in a manner that shows care for the environment
- To carry out environmental audits when required
- To promote environmental principles by sharing experience with regulatory bodies, other companies, employees and members of the public
- In implementing this Environmental Policy Statement, the company will focus on action to conserve resources and energy, to minimise emissions into air or water and onto land and to increase recycling rates
- The company will also seek to influence legislative developments and improve public understanding of environmental matters concerning the business